Available for Pre-Order. This product will be available within a few days.
Bill Corbett – Disruptive, Resistant and Noncompliant Kids
Get ready to learn, laugh, and have some fun seeing a child’s behavior from a different perspective. Bill Corbett’s seminar recording will examine what currently exists in a typical caregiver’s “Discipline Toolbox” and demonstrate a realization that many of these tools are outdated or no longer work. Using lecture, humor, interactive exercise, demonstration, & video clips, he works closely with parents and professionals in helping them interpret a child’s behavior and at the same time, rebuild their toolbox to make room for more effective tools and methods that truly work with today’s challenging child.
After watching this seminar recording, your toolbox will be overflowing with new ways to approach children and teens with behavior problems. Let award winning author, television and radio host and certified parent educator Bill Corbett, guide you through proven methods for treating children and adolescents. You will end this seminar recording with many new tricks and techniques to recharge your battery, as well as a clear plan of action to treat even the most difficult and challenging clients.
- Outline effective boundaries and limits.
- Utilize evidence based strategies to promote accountability and responsibility.
- Identify the unmet needs that trigger tantrums, power struggles, and other challenging behavior.
- Implement the tools for increasing cooperation and emotional intelligence.
- Define the misuse of tools such as timeout, fear, punishment, and praise and the problems they create.
- Compare and contrast punishment versus consequences.
SESSION I – AN ASSESSMENT OF BEHAVIOR
- The intended purpose of discipline
- The 10 irrefutable laws about kids
- Children’s development
- What parents and other caregivers are doing today
- Examining the nine ineffective tools used by today’s parent
- Creating unintended motivations in a child
- Helping caregivers understand why it isn’t working
- The original intent of timeout
- Stephen R. Covey’s Emotional Bank Account for the child
- Understanding the child’s motivations and intentions
- Goals of misbehavior
- Comparing child behavior; past and present
Would you like to receive Bill Corbett – Disruptive, Resistant and Noncompliant Kids ?
SESSION II – TOOLS THAT WORK
- Little Johnny may not need therapy, his parents just need better tools
- Making room for different tools that work
- The power struggle: Parents greatest challenge
- Dreikurs’ theory on why they occur
- Strategies for success
- Techniques for creating more cooperation
- The cause of “parent deafness”
- Visual timers and other tools
- When to use rules, agreements, and consequences . . . they are not all the same
- Rules without relationship result in rebellion
- Six steps for creating agreements with a child
- Breaking out proactive discipline from reactive discipline
- Ten things every child truly wants from his parent
- The impact of avoiding self-care
- Consequences vs. Punishment
- The five “R’s” of logical consequences
- Reprogramming the parents beliefs on punishment
- Teaching listening skills
- The art of pausing before reacting
- Managing mind chatter and other distractions
- Not in praise of praise; what to do instead
- Analyzing the danger of an artificial sense of worth
- A whole new meaning to the word ENCOURAGEMENT
- Growing a child’s emotional intelligence
- Helping a child seek out meaningful activities
- Teaching problem solving skills to parents (and children)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes