Available for Pre-Order. This product will be available within a few days.
Marcia Gamaly, Robin Gilbert – The Heart of Complex Cardiac Care
In today’s cardiology world full of technology dependence, it can be easy to get caught up in what machines and test results are telling us versus what the patient is feeling or trying to explain. That’s not to say that you should ignore the numbers, but rather take all the information in to strategize a treatment plan best equipped for your patient!
Treat the patient, not the rhythm…
Attend this ground-breaking online course and gain the skills you need to recognize early signs of cardiac trouble and identify appropriate interventions to prevent further deterioration for your patients.
With a combined experience of over 45 years, two hand-picked experts come together to give you:
- Accurately interpret cardiac rhythms
- Evaluate appropriate treatment strategies for high-risk ECG findings
- Analyze management options for acute coronary syndromes
- Communicate the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of inflammatory cardiac disease
- Distinguish differences between life-threatening arrhythmias
- Plan appropriate nursing care for patients with myocardial ischemia
- And SO much more!
Bonus! Register today and we’ll also include The ABCDs of the Cardiac Medicine Cabinet online digital seminar training absolutely FREE!
Walk away feeling confident in the quality of cardiac care you can provide to your patients with complex cardiac conditions and co-morbidities.
In six in-depth video modules, you’ll explore the essentials of cardiac emergencies, and gain improved rhythm interpretation skills, plus be able to quickly recognize life-threatening dysrhythmias with the confidence to manage your unstable cardiac patients!
Cardiac Rhythm Review
Commonly Prescribed Medications
- Miscellaneous agents
- Cardiac enzymes & diagnostic testing
- Core measures
- Risk assessment tools
- SKILLS: Telemetry monitoring
- EKG lead placement
- Telemetry packs – 3, 5, and 6-leads
- Diagnostic testing
- Core measures
- SKILLS: Oxygen delivery systems
- Nasal cannula to CPAP
- SKILLS: Prevention of respiratory depression/failure
- Pulse oximetry – how effective is it?
- End-Tidal CO2 monitoring
Monitoring the Post-Cardiac Catheterization Patient
- Assessment of cath site
- Monitoring for complications/hematoma
- SKILLS: Hemostatic devices
- Radial access device (e.g., VascBand®)
- Femoral access device (e.g., FemoStop®)
Trends in Patient Management
- WATCHMAN® Device
- Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Chest and abdominal drainage systems (e.g., PleurX®)
This video segment is divided into 6 modules and will provide you with the confidence to recognize early symptoms and identify appropriate interventions to prevent further deterioration. We will discuss when non-invasive ventilation devices should – and should not – be used. Don’t let blood gases intimidate you — learn quick and easy ways to interpret ABG results! You will learn from actual patient stories to illustrate the complexities and co-morbidities of cardiac and respiratory diagnoses!
Would you like to receive Marcia Gamaly, Robin Gilbert – The Heart of Complex Cardiac Care ?
- Do you need a Swan-Ganz?
- Cardiac output
- Cardiac index
- Mean arterial pressure
Cardiac Interventions and Medications
- Vasopressors vs. Inotropes Ace Inhibitors, Beta blockers
- Stabilization & Treatment procedures
- Stents, CABG, LVADS
- What’s Trending? Current trending technology
- Case Presentations & Identify Probable Diagnosis
Respiratory Interventions and Medications
- ABGs: Simplifying the numbers
- Chest Tubes: Indications, set-up, troubleshooting
- Capnography: Interpreting what it tells us
- Ventilation and NPPV basics: Modes of ventilation and appropriate uses
Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Unstable Angina
- Differentiating the Three
- Clinical presentation, signs/symptoms, interventions, management of:
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Pulmonary embolism (Air, Fat, Amniotic)
- Acute Respiratory Failure
- Pleural effusions
- Foreign body aspiration
- Bradycardic & tachycardic rhythms: Essentials that you need to know
- Is This Patient Having an MI?
- Etiology, Clinical Presentation, ECG changes, Treatment
- Aortic Stenosis
- Heart Failure
- Current best practice recommendations
- Long-term prognosis
Here’s What You’ll Get in Marcia Gamaly, Robin Gilbert – The Heart of Complex Cardiac Care
Marcia Gamaly, Robin Gilbert – The Heart of Complex Cardiac Care : Sample
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes